Sunday, March 13, 2011

Arigato Hawaii

Watch Out - March 10, 2011.
12 hours before Honolulu was issued a tsunami warning.    

Work brought me to Hawaii this week.  As usual it was all work and no play, but I did treat myself to a vacation day and was able to take a few photos and work on my tan.  During this trip I discovered the lovely combination of ice tea and pineapple juice. Amazingly refreshing but also potentially dangerous when adding vodka to the mix!

For you foodies out there: I discovered Red sea salt. This salt is gathered from the sea along the reefs in Hawaii and mixed with Alaea, a rich volcanic red clay, much more potent than regular sea salt and your average table salt.

Lastly, I discovered a cool new hotel called the EDITION.  Swanky & cool, this setting was amazing.  For a casual dinner and drink check out Morimoto Waikiki
Note Worthy: The trilogy book set of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was available for purchase at the hotel gift shop.  Need I say more!  

Perfect Palm Trees before the rain storm. March 2011


The War Memorial - March 10, 2010 - Waikiki, Hawaii


The War Memorial - Waikiki, Hawaii


Star Beach Boys - Yellow Umbrella


A girl and her dog - Waikiki, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment