Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pineapple After Dark

Somewhere over the Pacific Ocean, I got the brilliant idea I would climb Diamond Head.  Although this sounds like a fun adventure, when you're in Hawaii on business there is very little room for downtime.  Even though I packed my running shoes and swimsuit (optimistically), both items remained unused.  And even though my cab driver suggested I hike a mountain in Maui, "so the clouds can be underneath me" (the cab drivers words not mine),  I barely had time to grab lunch (although lunch was at Cheese Burger of Paradise!)

So the other night I decided not to feel sorry for myself, but act out my mantra of "life is what you make it," and I went for an amazing walk on Waikiki Beach and took a few pictures along the way.  Although this trip didn't involve any site seeing, I was able to eat at some of my favorite places. Most importantly I was able to go back to the spot where my husband proposed to me.

On the last day of the trip, I rescued my running shoes from the dungeon of my suitcase and strapped them on for a quick jog on the beach. 

I think I might just get use to these Hawaii trips after all.......

Driving back to the Maui Airport I stopped at this remote beach for a quick walk.

A single beach umbrella in front of the Moana-Surfrider Hotel.

Wakiki Beach with city skyline. 
My new red handbag at the beach.

Surfboards rest on the beach after dark.

2 comments:

  1. Next time you're in H'lulu you need to eat at the Side Street Inn: http://sidestreetinn.com/

    I need to read your blog more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion! I will be back in a few weeks and will try and make it there!

    ReplyDelete