Saturday, June 25, 2011

Vancouver Happenings

When you travel as much as I do, you learn there are some things you can never be prepared for....like a riot in Vancouver.  Lucky for me I wasn't there the night it happened, but when I arrived the next day you could see the upsetting aftermath.  Although it was a quick 36 hour trip, I managed to try out one of the hottest new restaurants in Chinatown, Bao Bei.  For more info visit Vancouver magazine Scout, which shows some amazing pictures and also gives a great glimpse into this restaurants amazing cuisine. 

Travel brought me to Vancouver.  Lucky for me I missed the riot by a day.... 

A picture of the bridge leading into Chinatown

 Bao Bei means  "precious" in Mandarin 

 Trixie the "mixologist" has inspired me to learn how to make a creative cocktail  

I love the vintage flea market feel of the restaurant

My pretty dinner, which looked to good to eat (but was mighty tasty) 

No comments:

Post a Comment