Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bring Texture Into Your Life

I think TEXTURE is my new Favorite Word!
My parents don't realize it yet, but my secret goal is to slowly makeover their house one room at a time.  It's not that my parent's house is outdated. They certainly aren't stuck in 1992.  After living on my own for 11 years, I've become a  DIY type of a gal and just because I'm back home my decorating and gardening passion  shouldn't have to stop.  So with October here, I felt Bill and Marge needed some texture in front of the house.     

Step 1. Stella and I went to Osh (yes, I brought her in the store with me! She can pass as a service dog.) We bought these great full sun perennial plants.  I love the texture of the bright green ipomea  mixed with the purple angelonia.  

Step 2. Buy some exotic pumpkins (with great texture).  Cinderella pumpkins is an ornamental novelty pumpkin. Deeply ridged, exceptionally flattened fruits and weighs 25-30 lbs. You should have seen me digging through the box at Trader Joe's trying to find the perfect 20 lbs pumpkin. 

 Step 3. Stop Stella from eating the stem of the tiger pumpkin.

Step 4. The finished product. I should have taken a picture of the front of the house, but thought it would be more exciting to show a picture of the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment