Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wine & Wrestling

My good friends Tiara and Nick came over with their 9 month old German Short Hair Roxy. It was a play date made in heaven! Stella and Roxy had 10 rounds of Wrestle Mania in the middle of our front room. Although I would never allow “roughhousing” in my house, when you live in an apartment sometimes the options aren’t always there. So against my better judgment we moved the coffee table and gathered around the front room and watch the dogs play while we chatted and drank wine! The “girls” got along great. By the end of the night, Stella was drenched with Roxy’s slobber. For anyone who has a puppy, it’s amazing to see how much energy they have. Play dates become your saving grace as it’s one of the few ways they can really burn off energy. As soon as Roxy left, Stella was out for the count. I think she slept for 10 hours and when I tried to wake her up this morning, she looked at me as if to say “momma you’ve gotta to be kidding me!”
Whatcha doing?
Taking a break with Nick
Whatcha eating?
Notice the hole in our carpet? Lesson number 368.
Don’t leave Stella home alone.
The girls

3 comments:

  1. What a good mom. Having a play date in the front room...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really letting my hair down, now that I'm a dog owner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marge you should have seen them go at it...too much... next time it will have to be in the meadow by my house. Then they can rough house and run.

    ReplyDelete