Monday, March 29, 2010

Oh Herb Where Are You?

Two weeks ago, I was on a planting frenzy. Spring was in the air and I felt compelled to start my first herb garden. I started with a few of my favorites: pink rosemary, German thyme, pineapple sage, sweet basil and Roma tomatoes. So far so good. My plants continue to look perky and if I look really close I can see a ton of new growth. Thanks Andrea for the tip about covering your plants. I bought some green tulle that’s working out great.  On a sad note my flowers aren’t doing so hot. One afternoon I had 10 fatalities, after Stella had an eating binge on zinnias and ranunculus. Not to mention she ate my “test” germination of sunflower seeds. Oh Vey.

Well I’m not going to let this minor set back ruin my dreams for a green thumb. This summer I’m determined to prove I can have an organic garden on my patio….. with a very curious dog.

Wish me luck and send me tips!



Day one with the herbs from Bonnie Plants. The biodegradable pots are made from recycle paper and the same peat moss that is used to supplement garden soils. The only pot of its kind available, Bonnie’s biodegradable Jiffy pots can be put into the soil “pot, plant, and all." As the pot disintegrates it becomes part of the soil. Pretty Cool!!



Stella sleeping after a long day of gardening...

3 comments:

  1. oh it's still way early and plenty of time to be had for stuff to grow anew! Thanks for reminding me that I have to do a Part 2 on gardening tips this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I LOVE The new layout! Green :) And the typewriter is so clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your garden tips! Can’t wait for the next blog post. Glad you like the new look. I wasn’t sure about the type writer, but I'm trying to freshen up the look of the blog. I’m sure it will be changing in a couple of days. Do you photo shop your blog title with pictures and then upload it or do you use a template? It’s amazing how many ways you can format a blog!

    ReplyDelete