Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Sunflower Debacle

It's amazing to think these cute seeds will produce 6 foot tall sunflowers by mid summer.


 I decided to plant my seeds in a biodegradable plant container made of wood fiber and peat moss. No drainage holes are necessary because the pot disintegrates into the soil! This makes planting that much easier and also allows you to prevent "transfer plant shock" from happening.


As I was preparing my biodegradable plant containers, I had to go inside our apartment for a minute and  made the terrible mistake of leaving Stella alone with the half filled containers. Was upset to discover the below.  If you look close you can see dirt on Stella's head. Oh vey!   
Caught in the act
Hopefully there was no permanent damage with my seed. If all goes well my seeds will look like this in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment